On November 14, we celebrate the World Diabetes Day. On this occasion, in the Dzień Dobry TVN kitchen, dietitian Monika Stromek-Złamaniec prepared dishes from the DASH diet in a vegetarian version. Thanks to them, you can prevent the development of overweight and obesity, which are a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disease characterized by elevated blood glucose levels due to impaired insulin function or secretion. Successful treatment of this disease requires a proper diet rich in products with a low glycemic index. Vegetable fiber makes us feel fuller, slows down digestion and absorption, but also lowers the glycemic index, which is so important to us.
The following suggestions of dishes from the Wege DASH diet can be an ideal basis for starting your adventure with plant-based diets. Dishes prepared by a dietitian contain the right amount of ingredients – complex carbohydrates, protein, dietary fiber, as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Check the recipes that are beneficial for health on the NFZ Diet website: https://diety.nfz.gov.pl
Peppers stuffed with lentils and baked with mozzarella – a step-by-step recipe
- 4 tablespoons of barley groats (46 g)
- Lentils red, dry product 3 tablespoons (36 g)
- A pinch of basil (1 g)
- Tablespoon rapeseed oil (10 ml)
- Red pepper, each (140 g)
- Big tomatoes (200 g)
- Allspice 2 grains (1 g)
- Bay leaf (1 g)
- Carrots medium piece (45 g)
- Onions ½ medium pieces (50 g)
- Mozzarella cheese, hard 2 strips (30 g)
- A handful of arugula (25 g)
- A handful of lamb’s lettuce (25 g)
- Green lettuce 5 leaves (50 g)
- Spoon linseed oil (10 ml)
- Spoon of lemon juice (10 ml)
- 1Cook the lentils and groats according to the recipe on the package.
- 2In oil, fry the tomatoes (skinless), grated carrots, onions and lentils with the addition of allspice and bay leaf.
- 3Mix the stuffing with the groats and basil. Fill the peppers with the stuffing. Grate the mozzarella on top.
- 4Bake everything in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- 5Prepare the salad – mix the washed lettuces in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice and linseed oil.
Pumpkin cream soup – a step by step recipe
- Whole grain rye bread – 2 slices (60 g),
- Garlic – clove (5 g),
- Pumpkin – 1/4 piece (100 g),
- Pumpkin seeds – ½ tablespoon (5 g),
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon (5 ml),
- Parsley – 1 teaspoon (5 g),
- Broth (1l),
- Coconut milk – 2 ½ tablespoons (50 g)
- 1In a pot, fry the garlic in olive oil. Add the broth.
- 2Add the diced pumpkin to the pot and season as desired.
- 3Add coconut milk. Blend the soup into cream with a blender.
- 4Sprinkle the soup with pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley.
- 5Serve with bread.
Coconut chia pudding – a step by step recipe
- American blueberries – ½ handfuls (15 g),
- Mango – 1/4 piece (70 g),
- Honey – a spoon (12 g),
- Chia seeds – 1 teaspoon (5 g),
- Coconut milk – 5 tablespoons (100 g),
- Raspberries – 1/4 handful (15 g).
- 1Pour coconut milk into a bowl, add chia seeds, honey and stir.
- 2Leave for 15 minutes and stir again. Put in the fridge for an hour. Serve the pudding with raspberries, blueberries and mango pulp.
- 3We can replace the mango fruit with any other seasonal fruit with pear, peach, plum or apple
Source From: Dziendobry