On November 14, we celebrate World Diabetes Day. On this occasion, in the kitchen of Dzien Dobry TVN, dietician Monika Stromkie-Złomaniec prepared vegetarian dishes from the DASH diet. Thanks to them, you can prevent overweight and obesity, which are a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes is a metabolic disease characterized by elevated blood glucose levels due to impaired insulin action or secretion. For the effective treatment of this disease, a proper diet is needed, which is rich in products with a low glycemic index. Vegetable fiber makes us feel fuller, slows down digestion and absorption, but also lowers the glycemic index, which is so important for us.
The following suggestions for dishes from the Vege DASH diet can be an ideal basis for starting your adventure with plant-based diets. Dishes prepared by a dietitian contain the right amount of ingredients – complex carbohydrates, protein, dietary fiber, as well as polysaturated fatty acids.
Check the healthy recipes on the Diety NFZ portal: https://diety.nfz.gov.pl
Peppers stuffed with lentils and baked with mozzarella – step by step recipe
- Barley groats 4 tablespoons (46 g)
- Red lentils, dry product 3 tablespoons (36 g)
- pinch of basil (1 g)
- Rapeseed oil spoon (10 ml)
- Red pepper (140 g)
- Large tomatoes (200 g)
- Allspice 2 grains (1 g)
- bay leaf (1 g)
- Medium carrot (45 g)
- ½ medium onion (50 g)
- Mozzarella cheese, hard 2 strips (30 g)
- A handful of arugula (25 g)
- Handful of lamb’s lettuce (25 g)
- Green lettuce 5 leaves (50 g)
- Linseed oil spoon (10 ml)
- Lemon juice spoon (10 ml)
- 1Cook the lentils and groats according to the instructions on the package.
- 2Fry tomatoes (without skin), grated carrot, onion and lentils in oil with the addition of allspice and bay leaf.
- 3Mix the stuffing with the groats and basil. Fill the peppers with the filling. Grate the mozzarella on top.
- 4Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- 5Prepare the salad – mix the washed lettuces in a dish and sprinkle them with lemon juice and linseed oil.
Pumpkin cream soup – step by step recipe
- Wholemeal rye bread – 2 slices (60 g),
- Garlic – clove (5 g),
- Pumpkin – ¼ piece (100 g),
- Pumpkin seeds – ½ tablespoon (5 g),
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon (5 ml),
- Parsley – 1 teaspoon (5 g),
- Broth (1l),
- Coconut milk – 2 ½ tablespoons (50 g)
- 1In a pot, sauté garlic in olive oil. Add broth.
- 2Add the diced pumpkin to the pot and season to taste.
- 3Add coconut milk. Blend the soup with a blender until creamy.
- 4Sprinkle the soup with pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley.
- 5Serve with bread.
Coconut chia pudding – step by step recipe
- Blueberries – ½ handful (15 g),
- Mango – ¼ piece (70 g),
- Honey – a spoon (12 g),
- chia seeds – 1 teaspoon (5 g),
- Coconut milk – 5 tablespoons (100 g),
- Raspberries – ¼ handful (15 g).
- 1Pour coconut milk into a bowl, add chia seeds, honey and stir.
- 2Leave for 15 minutes and stir again. Leave in the fridge for an hour. Serve the pudding with raspberries, blueberries and mango pulp.
- 3Mango fruit can be replaced with any other seasonal fruit such as pear, peach, plum or apple
The National Health Fund especially recommends the DASH diet and uses its principles as reference in the proposed nutrition plans on the Diety NFZ portal. The health benefits of this diet can be seen after a few weeks of use. It is recommended by many scientific societies, including Polish Diabetes Association, European Society of Cardiology, Polish Society of Hypertension, or European Society of Hypertension.
Source From: Dziendobry