In the kitchen, Dzien Dobry TVN, Sebastian Olma prepared delicious “comfort food” dishes based on tomato passata, perfect for autumn weather, based on tomato passata. Check out his recipes for tomato cream with vegetables, cheese croutons and basil; spaghetti pasta in tomato sauce with veal meatballs, spinach and Parmesan cheese; slow-roasted pork neck in tomato sauce with marjoram and grilled eggplants with feta cheese and peppers baked in tomato sauce.
Tomato cream with vegetables, cheese croutons and basil – step by step recipe:
- Italian – 1 bunch
- Frying oil
- Bay leaf, allspice 5 pcs.
- Thyme – 1 small bunch
- Broth – 1l
- Tomato passata – 500ml
- Fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro) 1 small bunch each
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Wheat baguette – 1 pc.
- Grated Parmesan – 100g
- 1In a pot, fry the diced greens in oil, add the bay leaf, allspice and thyme to the frying. Sauté until the vegetables are soft. Then add the broth and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- 2Then add the tomato passata and bring to a boil, the passata will thicken the soup to a creamy consistency. To the cream at the end add chopped fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cut the wheat toast at a slight angle so that it is as long as the bowl in which it will be served, put Parmesan cheese on the baguette and bake in the oven for 5 minutes 220 degrees.
- 4Pour the cream into a bowl, top with basil leaves and cheese toast.
Spaghetti pasta in tomato sauce with veal meatballs, spinach and parmesan cheese – step by step recipe
- Minced veal meat – 500 g
- Salt, paprika powder, herbs de Provence 1 large spoon each
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Tomato passata – 500 g
- Spinach in leaves – 200 g
- Spaghetti noodles – 1 kg
- Parmesan – 100 g
- Fresh herbs for decoration
- 1Season the minced veal with salt, paprika powder and Herbes de Provence to taste. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 2Form small balls of about 30 g and drop into boiling salted water. When they float to the top, turn off the water and wait for them to cool in it.
- 3Add the chopped garlic and onion to the pan, fry and then add the tomato passata. Cook for a while and add the meatballs and spinach leaves to the sauce.
- 4Cook the pasta in salted water as directed on the package, then drain and add to the sauce.
- 5On a plate, serve a portion of the sauce with meat and pasta, garnish the whole with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Pork neck slow roasted in tomato sauce with marjoram – step by step recipe
- Pork neck 1 pc.
- Garlic – 2 heads
- Salt, pepper, sweet paprika, marjoram 2 large spoons each
- Frying oil
- Tomato passata – 1l
- Young romaine lettuce – 2 pcs.
- 1Rub the pork neck thoroughly with grated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and marjoram. Fry in the pan on all sides to close all sides of the meat. Then put the meat in an ovenproof container and pour over the tomato passata.
- 2Place the dish in the oven preheated to 160 degrees C for 1.5 hours, then increase the temperature to 190 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- 3Cut the ready pork neck into thin slices, pour over the sauce that was left during baking and serve with young romaine lettuce.
Grilled eggplants with feta cheese and peppers baked in tomato sauce – step by step recipe
- Eggplant – 3 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper – 3 pcs.
- Soft feta cheese, for spreading – 200g
- Tomato passata – 500g
- Mozzarella cheese – 200g
- Fresh herbs for sprinkling (basil, parsley, dill)
- 1Cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin slices, sprinkle with salt and grill on one side so that it is slightly browned.
- 2When it’s cool, brush it with feta cheese and top with grilled peppers, roll up the eggplant and place it in an ovenproof dish or pan. Top with tomato passata and sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese.
- 3Put the eggplant prepared in this way in the oven for 30 minutes to 190 degrees. Bake and serve with fresh herbs.
Source From: Dziendobry