Université Saint-Louis – Brussels announced a vacant position of communications officer (F/M/X) (2022-17)
Working time and contract type
Permanent contract (50%).
This contract will be increased by 20% for a maximum of 12 months during the period during which parental leave is changed to 20% of another Service member.
Position in the organization chart
The communications officer is an integral part of the University’s communications service. This service, consisting of 8 people, is responsible for the internal and external communication of the University. It provides support to University institutions in terms of communication about teaching and research products. It ensures the awareness and dissemination of the image of the University through various means such as the press, social networks, editorial and visual media, and corporate events.
It reports hierarchically and functionally to the Head of the Communications Department.
The main task of the contact person is to manage the various projects carried out by the communications department in support or cooperation with other members of the department.
Duties and responsibilities
The contact person has the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the alumni newsletter. This includes:
– creation of a retroplan before each broadcast
– planning and conducting editorial meetings (1 per newsletter)
– writing specific articles
– management of communication with contributors (collection of articles and pictures, editing, etc.)
– posting articles on the website and platform to send the newsletter
– management of shipment with external service provider
2. Follow-up of weekly editorial board meetings:
– keep a record of decisions made and actions to be taken in various communication media
– Feeding the university’s social networks and managing the community of subscribers
3. Participate in the organization of corporate and recruitment events to support those responsible for these events
4. Provide an all-round support task for team members who are particularly interested in press relations, social networks, newsletter writing and sending to staff, organizing corporate and recruitment events, monitoring the production of communication media.
5. Attend weekly team coordination meetings.
A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or other undergraduate degrees with experience in the above fields.
Advanced multimedia writing skills
Flawless spelling and syntax command
Information about the functioning of higher education in the Federation of Wallonia-Brussels
In-depth information about the Office suite
Ability to express yourself in fluent English both orally and in writing
very meticulous work
Organization and planning of work and projects
Flexibility and ability to work on multiple files at the same time
Positive, service oriented
Respecting deadlines, who are prone to teamwork and can take their place in an established department
Input function: As soon as possible.
Rules of engagement
The gross monthly wage determined according to the fee schedule applicable to the university administrative staff; 100% reimbursement of travel costs from home to work by public transport; mileage allowance for the same trips by bike; group life and death insurance.
how to apply
Applications, together with a cover letter and detailed CV, must be sent by e-mail with reference to 2022-17 via the APPLY button until 30 November 2022 at the latest.
Additional information Further information is available at [email protected], Director of Communications.
Source From: Google News