Yair Lapid assured that Israel will not stand idly by in the face of attacks from Gaza

- Advertisement -

The prime minister insisted that he was not interested in a conflict with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad but that they would not tolerate attacks on civilian populations.

Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid
Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid

Acting Prime Minister of Israel Yair Lapid this friday said Israel “I am not interested in a major conflict” Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip but after a vigorous exchange of hostilities that resulted in the deaths of ten Palestinians, he warned that this scenario “does not cause fear”.

- Advertisement -

Israel will not sit idly by while those trying to harm its civilians. “This government has a policy of zero tolerance for any attempt to attack Israeli territory from Gaza,” he said.

- Advertisement -

Their statement came after a vigorous “preemptive” attack by Israel against targets of the Palestinian group in Gaza. The most serious peak of violence since the escalation of the war in May 2021.

- Advertisement -

Hostilities are not over yet and are continuing in both directions, including the bombardment of a new series of Israeli facilities allegedly used by the Palestinian group to manufacture and launch rockets.

Yair Lapid assured that Israel will not stand idly by in the face of attacks from Gaza
Yair Lapid assured that Israel will not stand idly by in the face of attacks from Gaza

“Today’s actions Loop They were against tangible threats that disrupted the daily routine in southern Israel,” the president added, referring to what military spokesmen described as the imminent threat of an anti-tank missile strike in response to the arrest of a senior Israeli military official on Monday. West Bank busy.

Of the ten Palestinians killed so far, at least four were members of the YIP. Taysir al-Jabari Number two of the group in Gaza and the leader of its armed wing in the center and north of the enclave.

According to Lapid, the Israeli attack also targeted members of a “cell preparing to launch an attack” against Israel.

The Israeli Army said in a statement on its Twitter account, 71 rockets were launched from Gaza into its territory, 9 of which fell into the residential area. About a third of the rest were captured.

Terrorist organizations will not set the agenda in the region adjacent to Gaza“We will not tolerate any threat to our civilians,” said the acting prime minister, adding that “any attempt to harm civilians or soldiers will be met with a harsh response.”

Finally, he urged the public to “follow the instructions” regarding safety and prevention in the coming days, stressing that “the Israeli people are strong and understand the importance of deterrence as a method of maintaining calm.”

(with information from EFE)

Source: Info Bae

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

2,061FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles