Tehran has stopped handing over all recordings taken by video cameras installed in atomic power plants to curb control of its activities.
The Iranian regime this Saturday approved the nuclear deal’s withdrawal from all commitments set out in the so-called Protection Mechanism, mainly referring to the delivery of video recordings from its cameras at its nuclear facilities. As announced this Saturday by Abolfazl Amoee, member and deputy of the Foreign Policy and National Security Committee of the Iranian Parliament
In the statements made to the semi-official institution My TasnimMP approved the decision In response to the new sanctions package The announcement was made by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken last Thursday against companies that “support Triliance Petrochemical Co and Iran Petrochemical Commercial Company”, which he describes as instrumental assets in managing the sale of Iranian petrochemical products.
Iranian authorities announced last week that they have begun injecting gas into new centrifuges installed as part of their nuclear program, following a critical decision by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). just a day ago Tehran reported the withdrawal of 27 security cameras, a decision criticized by IAEA director general Rafael Grossi.
Iran announced that it withdrew its commitments on some points of the 2015 nuclear deal after the United States unilaterally left the deal in 2018. Although Iranian officials have argued that these steps could be undone if the United States withdraws sanctions and returns to the deal.
“At this time, Parliament supports the administration’s decision to reduce cooperation and expand its (uranium) enrichment capacity using next-generation centrifuges,” said Amoee, also confirming the progress made on June 8 on the use of these cameras.
Negotiations to revive the deal have been stalled since March. Its aim is to re-engage the United States in this pact reached between Tehran and the main world powers to prevent Iran from producing an atomic bomb.
The 2015 agreement, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, freed Iran from Western economic sanctions in exchange for restrictions on its nuclear activities. But in 2018, then-US president, Republican businessman Donald Trump (2017-2021), unilaterally withdrew from the deal and reimposed sanctions on Tehran, causing Iran to backtrack on its own commitments.
“The only way Iran can gain the confidence it needs so much to keep its economy going is by allowing IAEA investigators to be present at nuclear program facilities,” Grossi said days ago.
Grossi said that without surveillance cameras, his agency will soon be unable to reveal whether Iran’s nuclear program has had a “peaceful” end, as Tehran has repeatedly insisted, or whether Iran is developing an atomic weapon.
Grossi said that even if the Iranians turn the cameras back on in a few months, any work they do in the meantime will remain confidential and likely render any deal worthless.
Trump pulled the United States out of the deal, which he called a deeply flawed deal, while his successor, Joe Biden, said he was ready to re-accept the deal as long as Iran lived up to its own commitments.
“Recent history tells us it’s never good to start telling international inspectors to go home… things are getting much more problematic,” added the IAEA director general.
Source: Info Bae